Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thank you Holly!


I photograph my friends pretty regularly. I sometimes get my feelings hurt when my friends and family do choose another photographer. I often compare it with my father in law. He owns a car repair shop and I always wonder if he gets upset when one of his relatives or friends goes to jiffy lube for an oil change. Tonight I had the great pleasure of photographing my friend Holly and her family out on their Farm in Ogden. The property is lovely, there is no shortage of backdrops. I love to photograph my friends, but there is something different when your friend is a photographer too. I always get a little nervous before I take another photographers photo. There is an expectation there that is unspoken and a little intimidating. I get asked a few times a year to do a pro or semi-pro's photos and that anxiety never goes away. However I have an ease with Holly that made tonight's shoot more like family! This image was one of my favs and an Iowa classic! CORN CORN AND MORE CORN! Thank you Holly I hope you Love them too!