Saturday, July 24, 2010

Congratulations Leah & Mark!


What a beautiful day for a wedding! Today I did a wedding on the beautiful campus of Iowa State on the campanile lawn. I always cry at every wedding, I can't control it and anyone who knows me knows this about me. The minister said the most beautiful but simple words today. She said that every wedding you attend as a married person is a renewal of your own wedding vows. Then it hit me-- that is exactly why I cry at every wedding! I cried through my vows ten years ago and I cry at some point every time I am at a wedding because I am renewing my own promises internally. How beautiful and lucky I get to do it so many times a year! Thank you Mark and Leah for letting me share in your special day-- it was truly unique and meaningful! Congratulations! My advice to the rest of you married folks is to attend as many weddings as you can! The image above makes me laugh, mostly because you couldnt get further from a Bridezilla than Leah, but she is a good sport, along with the entire bridal party! Thanks for the laughs!

Sarah